3.20.2012

What's in a Name?

So maybe I'm in the minority, but when I think about gay right's and all that I have very mixed feelings.  On the one hand, yes, I want equal rights, I want to be treated like everybody else, I want to be accepted, I want to be allowed to marry the man I love, but on the flip side, I just want to be thought of as normal.  I know this isn't very clear, so I will try to explain.

Why do we have to have titles? Terms? Why are we gay, bi, straight, lesbian, homosexual, heterosexual, transgender?  Can't we all just be?  This is the idea of utter acceptance which I desire for the future.  A world where no one discriminates because they don't know what discrimination is.  Some activists are so about putting "I'M DIFFERENT" in someone's face that it turns people away.  And I'm not trying to say my way is best either, I just like to think that the more subtle route is the more sound route, and thus the longest lasting.  I wish I could see a world where we were all just humans.  Some might say that is boring, though I feel we could then begin to focus on the positive differences between us all.

These are just some thoughts...


1 comment:

  1. Zack, you should do a little research on PoMoSexuals! It's a little ironic, but interesting.

    ReplyDelete