2.07.2012

Happy February -- Valentine's Day!

I know it has been a bit since I have posted on here, and I am sorry.  Technology just isn't something that I have a head for.  I hope everyone has had a great 2012 so far! It is really a very exciting year!  There are all the prophecies of the end of the world, a new presidential election (which could prove potentially detrimental to all of us with what some might call "questionable preferences" COUGH), and the upcoming holiday of romance.  It is a bit silly what this holiday has come to be known for.  I admit that I don't even actually know what the original holiday was for, but I know it had something to do with St. Valentine.  Now it is an overly commercialized excuse for stores to bombard you with pink, red, and white, in the hopes that you will buy candy, cards, gifts, and flowers for that special someone, or yourself, whatever.

I honestly do not mean to become more cynical with age, but I must say that my boyfriend has opened my eyes to the silliness which we call holidays.  They are all about spending money.  Too few actually focus on true values, or spending time with friends and family.  Where has all the sentimental value gone?

When I first started dating my boyfriend I wanted to get him something for his birthday.  He insisted that he didn't want anything.  His argument was that why should one particular day be made the designated day to acceptably give presents to a person we love?  Well...he has a point.  Happened again at Christmas.  He really is very accurate in this observation, at least I have come to think so.  Should we really wait for one or two days of the year to give presents to people as signs of affection?  Do I plan on having some special Valentine's Day festivities with my darling?  Of course!  But I also want myself, and everyone, to keep in mind that we should show the people that we love just how much we love them always.

Talk to you all again soon!

Zack

No comments:

Post a Comment